If the maps are outdated, your navigation system may frequently provide you with improper instructions, that can generate a lot of dangerous situations. Updated navigation helps safe driving by preparing for unexpected situations arising from changes in the road network. Anyone can encounter annoying mistakes in route planning that are often thought to be the fault of the navigation system. Actually, the most common reason for errors in route calculation is due to the outdated maps.
By using updated maps the system saves you time by optimal route planning. You may also reduce the average fuel consumption of your vehicle.
Not only the road network changes, but also the database of available places of interest (POI). It includes a list of gas stations, ATMs, pharmacies, restaurants, accommodation and many other places that you may need while traveling.
This technique is somewhat more thorough and largely delicate, it is not foolproof and if it is not done correctly, some unexpected error may arise. I am not responsible for a poorly updated map update, it must be done at the user’s expense and risk.
Now let’s start on!
PC Windows Part:
Choose a map that you need:
|Link on donation for beers🍻 20 €|
|Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €||Link on donation for beers🍻 10 €|
- FULL EUROPE or different specific country
- Click to download the archive.
- Unrar somewhere the template with software “WinRAR/WinZIP”.
- in the folder you will find the:
- #README MAPS.txt → you just read it 🙂
- Folders: MAP + POI + SPEEDCAM
- Copy that folder by shortcut keyboard ctrl+c or by win command “copy”
- in the folder you will find the:
- Now you need a USB stick 2.0 or 3.0.
- Format it by “FAT32”.
- Paste directly on the main folder the files that you copied before.
Car NAVI Part:
- Start the engine on.
- Automatically the media nav starts, if not, just start by button the media nav.
- Insert the USB stick in the input slot from the media nav.
- Follow the steps bellow in order to start the win CE 6.
↑Important: Don’t forget to not stop the engine !↑
Attention: Please make sure to update only the clean versions of Media Nav and remember also:
“THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. “
Windows CE SOLUTION – The FASTEST WAY to update your maps
It is possible to enter Windows CE to see 6.0 in several ways either to backup, copy maps and other options, once inside Windows remember that:
• Windows CE supports keyboard and mouse, but these options are disabled by default. They can be activated from the Control Panel.
• Windows CE includes a virtual keyboard (such as cell phones), it can also be activated from the Control Panel.
• You can use the Windows Explorer already included, but if you prefer you can copy the Total Commander or any other program to the USB and run it.
Once inside Windows CE, you must:
• Know about computer science (don’t mess with the boot or system files).
• Do not install Windows applications, this is not a PC (As I said before the simpler the better). Remember that you can decrease the swap memory and slow down the system, or in the worst-case block the device.
• If you need applications, do not install them using the USB key.
• To update the maps go to the corresponding section.
• To exit the Windows CE desktop, just restart the computer (remember to remove the USB key if you use an external tool such as Media Tools or Total Commander).
For entering in WIN CE 6.0 you need to read my easy special tutorial:
As an optional way, for entering in the WIN CE, you can use some Media USB Tools KIT
In the Medianav, using a properly programmed batch file (with MSCR extension) (sometimes called “Media USB Tools”), it is possible to cancel the manufacturer’s mask, the browser and enters the Windows CE operating system, this “trick” It works with Normal Medianav and Evo. This ZIP file package usually includes the Total Commander to make backups (navigation files, licenses), and copy maps.
To use it you just have to download the “MediaTools” file and unzip it into an empty PENDRIVE formatted in FAT32, then just click on the USB of the device and wait for the magic to work.
Once we are in the CE 6 we can start to update the media nav as bellow:
Step 1. Backup on one USB stick for STORAGE 4 in order to avoid the losses of the original maps.
Directories to consider
The MEDIANAV directories are the following:
Windows CE Storage Card / System and Bootloader (NK.BIN)
Storage card2 / Empty partition (favorites and user settings)
Storage card3 / Empty partition (swap)
• MD Maps / USB key from where you are copying the reference files
• Storage card4 / NNG GPS Navigation Files where you need to paste the files and replace them.
The Storage card4 under that precept the destination directories are is looking like this:
Medianav / Storage card4 / NNG / license
Medianav / Storage card4 / NNG / content / map
Medianav / Storage card4 / NNG / content / poi
Medianav / Storage card4 / NNG / content / speedcam
You already know within Map the maps, within poi points of interest and within Speedcam the radars.
Step 2. Copy the files from the USB stick [ MD Maps / USB key ]
Go to “MD” folder and click and select the files from the usb stick
Click on “EDIT -> COPY“.
Step 3. Paste the files on the Navi storage [Storage card4 / NNG GPS Navigation Files]
Go to “Storage card4 / NNG ” and click somewhere in the white area.
Click on “EDIT -> PASTE“. If you already have some maps, you need to confirm that the replacement is accepted by click on the Confirm button.
Wait for the status copy windows to end the action and after this, you need to restart the medianav in different ways like:
- Closing the contact for 30s
- Closing the car for 30s
- Restart it by Media USB Tools KIT.. check the link upper
After the restart, you need only to check if everything is ok by clicking on the Medianav -> Destination -> Updates -> Locations -> should be with 2019 Q2.
Now everything is updated. If not? Check the bellow error solutions in order to solve the issues or just contact me by the link .
Errata and/or extension of the previous points.
License files are used to update maps officially if such files are lost or corrupted, they may cause navigation instability, unsupported map errors or other errors.
The equipment has 2 license files and 1 license verification file, (all located in “Storage card 4”):
The (2) .lyc files (original and backup) are located in:
Storage card4 / NNG./ license
The DSIconfig.BSD genuine license check file is located at:
Storage card4 / NNG./
Typical license files are available by brand and model for download.
This software has some restrictions to work:
• It is necessary to prepare a USB memory key with the device update request (with an empty key Go to mediav, maps and press update, this prepares the system for an official update or purchase of maps). This generates a database with all the Medianav files and the version of each one.
• Then the USB key is punctured to the computer and the Toolbox is executed. If it is not successful (the program is executed before the USB is clicked) an error window will appear.
Main problems that you can encounter due to maps update
Problem 1: The MEDIANAV start but the navigation app is not seeing the maps
(The maps are not loaded)
This is because the maps are not licensed by the application, usually it is an error or corruption in the Windows CE files or the version of nngnavi is not correct.
The solution is very simple:
• Kill the “nngnavi.exe” application from task manager available here
• Replace the corrupt “nngnavi.exe” from your version + “Sync_files.ini” with the new one available at the Link on donation for beers🍻 (password: 122884).
Problem 2: Does not start
(REMAINS WITH BLACK SCREEN)
This is because the operating system does not boot, usually it is an error or corruption in the Windows CE boot or bootloader system called NK.BIN, located in the “Storage Card”. The solution although simple (replace the corrupt file) is not easy because Windows does not boot.
The simplest solution is to load a functional operating system from a USB key, to do this:
• Solder a push button to the Medianav PCB between the R1022 points and ground (this is to fool the processor and start from another memory location).
• Use a USB key with LED light, the more visible the better.
• Upload an NK.BIN file (any version) to the USB key (this will only load Windows CE), you can include a TTCMD folder to make things easier, as well as the functional NK.BIN file to copy to the Medianav (which must be in another folder).
To start from the USB key:
• Click on the USB.
• Turn on the Medianav.
• When the USB key light starts to flash, press the button and keep it pressed for a couple of seconds (or count to two) then release the button and observe the USB light if it remains on or off it must be started again, if it remains blinking is booting from the key and you just have to wait for Windows to start.
• After Windows CE starts just copy the NK.bin file to “Storage card” (replacing the previous one) and restart the computer.
• This solution is functional for any version of Medianav hardware and software (all have the same processor and operating system, updates are usually for system files, navigation, and maps).
• It is available to download a recovery pack.
• If this does not work, the NAND memory may be corrupted or damaged and must be replaced.
Problem 3: It does not start
(REMAINS IN THE LOGO OF START UP WITHOUT LOADING OR SIMPLY RESTARTING CONTINUOUSLY)
It is usually an error or corruption in Windows system files, in particular, it can be due to:
• That two or more system files do not have the same version (due to an update failure).
• That one or more system files are corrupted.
It is difficult to know exactly which of the above problems is the real one, at this point, it is best to update all the system files so that all the files are in the same version or the damaged file is overwritten. To do this, as previously stated, test the updates from the oldest to the newest until the equipment works.
Or, if a Backup or other Medianav is available, copy and overwrite the system and / or navigation files. Don’t forget not to copy or overwrite the license files.
Once with the functional team update to the latest system version either officially (preferably) or unofficially.