Thanks to this great guys BULDO and CACOU13 (see in action the tool by clicking his name), with the precious help of Djeman, that are pleased to share with you the perfect tool for the management of the new LINUX Media Nav MN3 22.214.171.124 named as GestNav3, which will allow you to perform several operations on your Medianav MN3 in only some clicks, whether or not they are modified.
In any case, we recommend that you back up your device as soon as you install this perfect tool.
Important! If you have made modifications on your MN3 by putting particular soft or other modifications like video, please uninstall them first in order to not create conflicts with this pack!
Functionalities of GESTNAV MN3
What GestNav3 can do mainly:
- Change of direction arrows, navigation arrows or “car”, POI icon packs, telepules, schemes, radar image packs …
- Installation and uninstallation of std and/or eur + radar bases
- Change of mods and skin (Medi @ evo, Mod_bleu, Mod_ultimate, Mod_rs and carbon and no_skin) MN4 NAVI is the king 🙂
- Customize your favorites, add your kml, etc …
- Backup and restore function for navigation, save, favorites …
- Installation and/or update additional tomtom cartography
- Update cartography here
- Installation of other updates that you would like to do (respecting the instructions for do not create disturbances with GestNav3)
- Map_changer which allows you to go to here du mn, tomtom du mn, here from the usb key, tomtom from the usb key
- Replacement of the boot image
- Installation and uninstallation of the video player without that problems of aux
- Change of the images of the LG menus
PC Windows Part:
- Click to download the archive 1_Pre_installPatch_GestNav3.zip
- Click to download the archive for GestNAV3_V3.x.zip
- Click to download the TUTORIAL GESTNAV3
- Unrar somewhere the template with software “WinRAR/WinZIP”.
- Now you need a USB stick 2.0 or 3.0.
- Format it by “FAT32”.
- Paste directly on the main storage (in no folder) the folders that you copied before: ” autorun.bavn + GestNav3 “, from the archive. → Never touch the directories and do_not_modify and files from folder: autorun_bavn
- first should install the preinstall patch and then the gestnav pack
Car NAVI Part:
- Start the engine on.
- Automatically the media nav starts, if not, just start by button the media nav.
- Insert the USB stick in the input slot from media nav.
- Push on “Update” the media nav when the automatic message is appearing.
- Wait for installing everything, the media nav restarts some times but don’t worry, there is no problem.
- You should hear some sounds if it is an error or something
↑Important: Don’t forget to not stop the engine !↑
NOTE: a txt file is created during the first installation of
GestNav3, this to prevent each time you put the
usb key, it reinstalls, therefore, as soon as we give an update
or if you want to reinstall GestNav3, you will need to
delete the txt files which are at the root of your usb stick
Enjoy your best management tool ever and please respect bellow ↓ steps!
After the installation process
Step 1: Backup your navi
Once GestNav3 is installed (you should wait until you have the sound message at the end of the installation before touching anything),
the first thing we advise you to do is to back up your device (Navi and save)
For your information, the backups are stored by category in the directories below your key in a compressed file that we advise you to keep carefully in
copy to your PC. When restoring the navigation, we also delete the save by
If you want to restore an old backup, move or remove the most recent ones. We do not recommend renaming them. The backup and restore part allows you also manage your personal favorites and kml see below in the topic
Now it’s time for step 2.
Step 2. Explore the functionalities
GESTNAV3 has several menus and sub-menus, which you can briefly discover bellow, whether you are on “Radio” or on “Media”, you will hear the end of operations sounds.
Also you can get further by modifying the appearance of your Medianav as Booting image:
So that it is your favorite image which is installed, you put your images (up to 4 maximum) in the directory below of your usb key
Your image must be in PNG, of size 800×480, and named exactly like those present in the file (attention to the case).
The GestNav3 folder is broken down into 3 sub-directories: the Ne_Pas_Modifier directory contains all the files allowing GestNav3 to work. You must not modify it. The backup-restore directory where your backups are located for possible restores, we advise you to protect these files on
your PC. An Installation_user directory, this contains several subdirectories, described below
If you had another medianav or you created your favorites with the Grenet program, you can then put your files in this directory and click on favorite installation.
They must absolutely be named correctly and have their MD5 (ask if you want to have more explanations.
You also want to have particular images, you will need to edit an ow accordingly and name it
in a precise way (pack_pois_GestNav3.zip), again, we will give explanations according to the requests.
If you want to import your kml (as long as they are done correctly), it is possible, correctly fill in the POI and usericon sub-directories which are in userdata. You can even save, restore, or delete them without any problem.
There are 2 directories inside, a radars_eur directory for all mods, a radars_std directory for the no_skin, put the txt
correspondents (see example of the base set automatically with the pack.
The radar bases are of course on Radalerte.fr
be careful, if you install the radar bases, you will notice a time between 3 and 4 minutes before returning to navigation after pressing
on Nav, we could not solve this situation but it works fine, so you have to be patient.
Second important point, if you put speed cameras when you were on no skin (so std) and you decide to go on a mod, you will need
update the radar again so that those in EUR + are installed, ditto if you switch from a mod to no skin, you will have to reinstall it too. We decided so not to lose 4 minutes during the restart if you do not want to navi: a navi \ content directory, you will have to add your directories and files while scrupulously respecting the architecture of primo
for example, you want to update the global_cfg, you put the global_cfg.zip in GestNav3 \ Installation_user \ navi \ content \ global_cfg \ and you install grace to the “Miscellaneous updates” button. Not to be confused with the following point of the tutorial in the map_changer directory below in this tutorial …
This part remains one of the most important, because it will allow you to either update your mapping here or
How it works ? You have the directories opposite
of this color, regarding the map_changer part
of this color, regarding the navi part
I remind you that you will find all the files on the cacoustore;) Click HERE
So, here are in detail the files to take and install by subdirectory (at most)
The MN3 cherry works as well with the Here cartography as with the Tomtom
files totally unnecessary for the MN even if you put them on your key (example fpa for France, fjw …)
- put the HERE files with extension .3dl and .3dc of the countries you want to own (Here mapping)
- put the TOMTOM files with .3dl and .3dc extension of the countries you want to own (Tomtom mapping)
- put the files with .hsp extension of the countries you want to own
- put the HERE files with fbl, fda, fsp extension of the countries you want to own
anyway, I recommend you to put the 5 full_europe hnr files (in addition to what is above)
- put the TOMTOM files with the extension fbl, fsp of the countries you want to own
anyway, I recommend you to put the 4 full_europe hnr files (in addition to what is above)
- put the HERE files with .poi extension of the countries you want to own
- put the TOMTOM files with .poi extension of the countries you want to own
- Then when it’s all good, here’s how it will work on the medianav
already, know that these directories in the map_changer directory, will be used either to install your files on the medianav, or to use them live
So, we will start by updating the mapping Here (reminder, you have already put the icing)
you want to add (then update later) a tomtom mapping on the medianav, you click on Update Tomtom mapping…
Be careful however to have enough space to put all the countries you want to add!
you do not want to modify your maps on the medianav but quite simply take advantage of those on the usb key (reminder, you have already set the icing)
- put the TOMTOM files with the hnr extension, be careful, no need to put all the hnr, install only the 5 files according to the installation you made
- nota = the trucks files are not useful for the medianav
- put the HERE files with the hnr extension, be careful, no need to put all the hnr, install only the 5 files following the installation you made
additionally install a tomtom mapping on the medianav, or simply go read your mappings here or tomtom on the usb key, everything will happen on the menus
“Map updates or others” and / or Map Changer.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?