DDT4all is an open-source program with a friendly graphical interface. With this program and a CAN network with a cheap ELM327 interface, you can access various control devices and change parameters via the OBD interface. For example, functions can be unlocked that are actually withheld from other models (eg comfort indicators, permanent tacho lighting). Using the application in nonexpert mode should not be harmful to your vehicle (leave the expert mode button released)
The author declines all responsibility for the bad use of this tool. You are the only responsible. This tool is mainly aimed at CAN ISO_TP network study.
The devices discussed in this manual, software, and methods for working with them are not released by the car manufacturer.
The potentially unrestrained use can lead to work interruptions or failure, both individual units and components of the car, as well as the car as a whole, they can also be a reason to reduce the level of vehicle safety and reject the warranty service.
Anyone who chooses to do experiments on their car needs to understand all the risks and only take them on board.
I am not responsible for any damage caused to users of this manual and third parties.
And now if you are ok, we can start with basic changes that we will cover in this article:
What will we need, first of all?
- An OBD2 interface ( ELM327 V1.5 mandatory with PIC 18F25K80) compatible, whether it is USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, you can read about the versions here;
- The correct driver for the interface in case of USB can be Prolific USB – SERIAL and can be download from the ℹLINK
- A laptop PC with Windows (tested with 7 and 10);
- The DDT4ALL software, which you will find(version 5.3.5 updated to 20.01.2019 by Zmiterm) or the official owner Cedricp GitHub release ✅DOWNLOAD ℹLINK HERE for all the DDT4ALL + DACIA database last tested + PYREN and driver necessary for USB ELM OBD SCANNER
- A minimum of computer skills, otherwise it is better to leave it alone …
The main problem with the setup is to remember which blocks and which variables the changes were made. Let me remind you this photo of my Fluence and my base.
So, I’m talking about my changes and if anyone decides to do the same, you do it at your own peril and risk.
Further information in the form of a photo …
1. Polite (impulse) turn signals – short (without fixation) movement of the turn signal lever – triple blinking of lamps. TPULSE_CF parameter.
To activate the TPULSE_CF parameter in the (WRITE) column, you need to change its value to “true”, then activate the expert mode (it blocks writing to memory inadvertently) and press the send button for the “Send” command. All – polite turn signals are activated.
2. South-north zone, the sensitivity of the light sensor, lead home.
Follow_Me_Home_CF – turn on the dipped headlights for 30-120 seconds after closing the car – after stopping the engine, pull the light control towards you (including the main one), adjust the glow time by moving the lever towards yourself 30-60-120.
Light_Sensor_CF – Sensitivity of the light sensor SOUTH / NORTH
Auto_Light_Sensitivity_CF – Sensitivity of the light sensor HIGH / LOW
SCANDINAVIAN_RUNNING LIGHT – Auto-dipped beam and dimensions with the establishment of a car.
Follow_Me_Home_CF – was activated when buying a car, Light_Sensor_CF – was South, changed to North, Auto_Light_Sensitivity_CF – was Low became High, SCANDINAVIAN_RUNNING LIGHT – did not activate.
3. Linear indication of tank level on the panel.
Changes in increments of 7 liters start. Do not forget to save changes by turning on Expert Mode and pressing buttons 1 and 2
4. Time and temperature display overboard.
In the photo, the result is a clock in the 24-hour format and temperature output overboard.
To activate the clock on the dashboard in expert mode, change the “Presence Clock” parameter to “Display time in 24h format” and press the button to the right of the parameter. To activate the outdoor temperature sensor in expert mode, change the value of the parameter “Presence Temp_Ext” to “Avec Temp_Ext” and press the button to the right of the parameter.
Unfortunately, I don’t remember whether it is necessary to additionally save the data – check the presence of a button at the very bottom of the page of a similar button from the previous paragraph.
I’ll add – an interesting thing – at a temperature of up to +4 degrees Celsius, the degree icon and the letter C blinks, when exceeded, it burns constantly. It looks like a warning about ice.
If you want to explore more please take a look also at