DDT4all is an open-source program with a friendly graphical interface. With this program and a CAN network with a cheap ELM327 interface, you can access various control devices and change parameters via the OBD interface. For example, functions can be unlocked that are actually withheld from other models (eg comfort indicators, permanent tacho lighting). Using the application in nonexpert mode should not be harmful to your vehicle (leave the expert mode button released)
The author declines all responsibility for the bad use of this tool. You are the only responsible. This tool is mainly aimed at CAN ISO_TP network study.
The devices discussed in this manual, software, and methods for working with them are not released by the car manufacturer.
The potentially unrestrained use can lead to work interruptions or failure, both individual units and components of the car, as well as the car as a whole, they can also be a reason to reduce the level of vehicle safety and reject the warranty service.
Anyone who chooses to do experiments on their car needs to understand all the risks and only take them on board.
I am not responsible for any damage caused to users of this manual and third parties.
And now if you are ok, we can start with basic changes that we will cover in this article:
What will we need, first of all?
- An OBD2 interface ( ELM327 V1.5 mandatory with PIC 18F25K80) compatible, whether it is USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, you can read about the versions here;
- The correct driver for the interface in case of USB can be Prolific USB – SERIAL and can be download from the LINK
- A laptop PC with Windows (tested with 7 and 10);
- The DDT4ALL software, which you will find(version 5.3.5 updated to 20.01.2019 by Zmiterm) or the official owner Cedricp GitHub release DOWNLOAD LINK HERE for all the DDT4ALL + DACIA database last tested + PYREN and driver necessary for USB ELM OBD SCANNER
- A minimum of computer skills, otherwise it is better to leave it alone …
1. LKW cannot be activated on my car
LKA – control of retention in the lane, alas, but no way to hike, tk. apparently not enough iron. When changing parameters in the RadNav block, nothing changes in the menu, in the camera block it does not even give (((
2. HFP – activated without problems, you only need a lower panel with a button to enable the auto-parking mode.
HFP – self-parking, I don’t know what is missing yet, but in the blocks (steering and radnav) everything changes, parking options appear in the menu, but nothing works. Perhaps somewhere else you need to put something. I will sort this out.
3. Distance Warning is activated only if you put the radar, the camera does not work.
DW – determining the distance to the vehicle in front and detecting pedestrians.
Whether it is or not, I don’t know, but I found such variations in the blocks. Because there are variations of DW Present by Radar (I naturally don’t have it, because there is no ACC), but there is a variation of DW Present by Camera.
In the RadNav block – activated, in the camera block I also activated, in the speedometer block I also activated …
But nothing has changed. Let’s dig further. All photos within DW
4. Change the oil intervals
Well, where do we need theirs maintenance intervals with an oil change every 30,000 km.
Therefore, I made an oil change interval (10000 km and 1 year), a maintenance interval (60,000 km and 2 years) + changed the notification of the upcoming maintenance from 1500 km to 1000 km.
We do everything in the right block of parameters, the upper block is the oil change interval, the lower maintenance interval.
p. with the program is the same dd4all, all changes are made in expert mode (at the top is an icon similar to Einstein)
5. Disable the stop / start system;
6. Changing the speedometer scale (made 190 km / h instead of 230, but you can do 250) now you can safely say that I put the speedometer))));
7. Displayed outside temperature values on the speedometer;
8. Removed an additional sweep of brushes after cleaning the glass;
9. The taillights now light up in the driving mode with running lights;
10. Cartoons can be watched while driving (before, as soon as you put the gearshift lever on D – cartoons are disabled);
11. Disabled the squeak of an unfastened seat belt (ps I always drive with a seat belt fastened, but often there are small trips where this sound annoys, for example, while tying at the borders);
12. Activated the driver fatigue control function;
13. Lane control works at a speed of 90 km / h. and higher (i.e. left it purely for the track);
There is, of course, a part of the functions that can be done and they will be useful or just interesting, but there are also some that even think about their expediency.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?