The Black Eyed Peas – Pump It

“Pump It” is a 2006 song by The . It was released as the fourth single from The ’ 2005 album Monkey Business. This song was also remixed for the deluxe edition of the group’s fifth studio album The E.N.D. as “Pump It Harder”. “Pump It” heavily incorporates music from Dick Dale’s 1962 surf version of the song “Misirlou” (known by many for being featured in the 1994 Quentin Tarantino film Pulp Fiction). “Misirlou” is a popular folk song of Eastern Mediterranean origin, with an Egyptian version dating back to 1919, and a Greek version of 1927 which is believed to have been written by Tetos Dimitriadis, the arrangement of which is credited to Nicholas Roubanis for his 1941 released jazz version.

Before the single was officially released, the song peaked at number 82 on the Billboard Hot 100 in June 2005. This was mainly based on digital download strength due to exposure in the Best Buy ads. After its official airplay release, it peaked at number 18 in March 2006. The single was released to stores in the United States on February 14, 2006 and in the United Kingdom on March 13, 2006.

This single, compared to other Monkey Business singles performance on US charts, is the lowest ranking single from the album.

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I’m living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *