Shahmen – Mark

– Mark is a beautiful with some bass boost for you. Shahmen is a duo made of producer SENSE, from Amsterdam, and rapper B L S aka Bless, from Los Angeles. The Shahmen sound is a dance between moments of pure tonal bliss and dark, hard, banging beats with original narratives.

While traveling through the city of Amsterdam in the winter of 2006, B L S fatefully met SENSE. Like two old friends who had yet to meet, they recorded a song in an afternoon at SENSE’s houseboat studio, went out for the night in the city, slapped hands and parted ways.

In the summer of 2007, B L S returned to the city of Amsterdam with one mission: make an album with SENSE. The two began working on their second song together. B L S casually mentioned to SENSE producing an entire project together, but SENSE was reluctant, saying he was already involved with too many projects to make any promises.

As fate would have it that afternoon when B L S left the studio, he left behind his rhyme book. That night SENSE opened up the book and began reading the rhymes B L S had been writing that last year. SENSE had found the words to match his sound, and called B L S back that very night to record and SHAHMEN was born.

Source: Genius.com

[nextpage title=”Lyrics for Shahmen – Mark” ]Lyrics for Shahmen – Mark[/nextpage]

Skin the color of bark
Clothes smellin’ like trees
Diggin’ my earth, find my roots and weeds
My truth bleeds right back in the arm
No scar, but I left my mark
My friend got clean and O.D.’ed, life is just that dark

Clothes smellin’ like trees
Diggin’ my earth, find my roots and weeds
My truth bleeds right back in the arm
No scar, but I left my mark
My friend got clean and O.D.’ed, life is just that dark

But life is just that bright
That when the sunset shines
I seen the graff he writes
I’m back tonight, with a sack to light
In honor of the past I write

I’m wide open, with no glass of wine
Stuck in a barrel, I’ll get better with time
While you measure how the pleasure declines

[/one_half][one_half_last]
I’m stackin’ cheddar while the bread just rise
With my eyes and my ears glued here on my grind, cutty

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I'm living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *