Duke Dumont – Ocean Drive

Ocean Drive is a good House song from Duke Dumont (on his real name: Adam George Dyment), who is an English DJ and deep house producer. He is best known for the singles “Need U (100%)”, “I Got U” and “Won’t Look Back” which both reached number 1 and 2 in the UK Singles Chart respectively. This song and video is about the Ocean Drive attractions, from South Beach neighborhood of Miami Beach.

The road starts at South Pointe just south of 1st Street, near the southernmost end of the main barrier island of Miami Beach, about a quarter mile west of the Atlantic Ocean. Ocean Drive continues north to 15th Street, immediately southeast of Lincoln Road.It is known for its Art Deco hotels.

Among the most popular hotels there’s the Colony Hotel known as the most photographed art deco hotel, which is a 1939 boutique-inspired hotel and has made numerous cameo appearances in scores of movies, TV shows including Dexter. Ocean Drive is the location of the famed Casa Casuarina, the residence of Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace (now a boutique hotel), one of the most photographed houses in North America. Another popular art deco hotel is Clevelander hotel, aside from its hotel services, it consists of an indoor sports lounge as well a dance floor and pool area on the ground floor and a complimentary roof-top lounge.The street is the center of the Miami Art Deco District, which is home to about 900 preserved buildings. Streamline Moderne evolved from the Art Deco style, and dominates the street.

The street has a magazine named after it, Ocean Drive magazine. British easy-listening duo The Lighthouse Family released a single entitled “Ocean Drive”, which reached #11 on the UK Singles Chart. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City also based the setting on Miami and has a replica of Ocean Drive with the exact same name.

[toggles behavior=”toggle”]
[toggle title=”Lyrics for Duke Dumont – Ocean Drive:”]
[one_half]

We’re riding down the boulevard
We’re riding into the dark night, night
With half the tank and empty heart
Pretending we’re in love, when it’s never enough
As the silence filled the lonely air
Oh, they can hear now now now baby
We see a storm is closing in,
Pretending we’re escaping[/one_half][one_half_last]

Don’t say a word while we danced with the devil
You brought the fire to a world so cold
We’re out of time on the highway to never
Hold on (hold on), hold on (hold on)
Don’t say a word while we danced with the devil
You brought the fire to a world so cold
We’re out of time on the highway to never
Hold on (hold on), hold on (hold on) [/one_half_last][/toggle]
[/toggles]

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I'm living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *