Embrace of the Serpent

Embrace of the Serpent (2015)
125 min|Adventure, Drama|December 23, 2015
7.9Rating: 7.9 / 10 from 13,628 usersMetascore: 82
The story of the relationship between Karamakate, an shaman and last survivor of his people, and two scientists who work together over the course of 40 years to search the for a sacred healing plant.

The ravages of colonialism cast a dark shadow over the South landscape in EMBRACE OF THE SERPENT, the first film shot in the Amazonian rainforest in over 30 years. Filmed in stunning black-and-white, the film centers on Karamakate (portrayed in various stages by Nilbio Torres and Antonio Bolívar ), an Amazonian shaman and the last survivor of his people, and the two scientists (Evans and Theo, portrayed by Davis and Jan Bijvoet) who, over the course of 40 years, build a friendship with him. The film was inspired by the real-life journals of two explorers (Theodor Kock-Grünberg and Richard Evans Schultes) who traveled through the Colombian Amazon during the last century in search of the sacred and difficult-to-find psychedelic Yakruna plant.

Read more at: filmjabber.com

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I'm living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *