Fathers and daughters

Fathers & Daughters (2015)
116 min|Drama|July 8, 2016
7.1Rating: 7.1 / 10 from 17,487 usersMetascore: 31
A Pulitzer-winning writer grapples with being a widower and father after a mental breakdown, while, 27 years later, his grown daughter struggles to forge connections of her own.

Fathers and Daughters is a 2015 American-Italian drama film directed by Gabriele Muccino and starring Russell Crowe, Amanda Seyfried and Kylie Rogers. It is based on a 2012 script written by Brad Desch, which was included in the 2012 Black List survey.

Russell Crowe is a Pulitzer prize-winning novelist who… no, stop there, I don’t buy it. Just like I don’t buy Crowe’s am-dram post-traumatic stress seizures (something for the Oscar judges, sir?), his brow-furrowing typing, his cutesy-goofy parenting (“you’re my potato chip”) or, indeed, any other part of this ludicrously overegged symphony of phoniness from Gabriele Muccino, director of the equally fatuous Seven Pounds.

“It’s about life, about death, loss, about love and fear to lose the person you love,” burbles Muccino of Brad Desch’s unaccountably Black List-approved script, which splits its time between dad-slash-author Jake (Crowe) raising young daughter Katie, and grown-up Katie (Amanda Seyfried) wrestling with lovelorn daddy issues.
Read more at: theguardian.com

Russell Crowe (April 7, 1964)
6Popularity: 6Place of Birth: Wellington, New Zealand
Russell Ira Crowe (born 7 April 1964) is a New Zealand-born Australian actor and musician. His acting career began in the late 1980s with roles in Australian television series including Police Rescue and Neighbours. In the early 1990s, Crowe's local prominence peaked when he won the Australian Film Industry Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of an inner-city skinhead in the Geoffrey Wright film, Romper Stomper…

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I’m living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *