DHL fastest pit stop award on F1 GP

The hosted 1 2016 OF for the first time ever. Another chance to go down in history: Nico Rosberg and Mercedes seized the opportunity to secure the first victory in Azerbaijan, dominated the Award again, producing one of the fastest Formula 1 pit stops ever!

Eight races, eight fastest pit stops: Williams left the competition no chance in Baku. Three of the four fastest stops went to the team from Grove. Only Red Bull Racing got in the way of a Williams hat-trick with the stop for Daniel Ricciardo.

But Williams not only achieved the fastest pit stop in the still nascent Formula 1 history of Azerbaijan, the team also matched the previous world record with a record stop of 1.92 seconds (Felipe Massa)! The previous top time was a stop by Red Bull driver Mark Webber in the 2013 United States Prix, also in the record time of 1.92 seconds.

A look at the timesheet shows just how much the unbeaten Williams series of best times is driving the other teams to achieve similar top performances: 21 of the 33 pit stops during the 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE were below the magic three-second benchmark figure! This shows once again that the #GreatIsInTheDetail motto could not be more apt where Formula 1 pit stops are concerned!

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I’m living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *