Choosing The Right Tyre For Your Car

Every part of a vehicle is essential and are among these parts. , it’s the highest contributing aspect that enables a vehicle to move so of course it’s important that are given the attention they deserve. When it comes to choosing, there are many various type of for various kinds of cars in all sorts of sizes.

The surface you will be driving on is one of the most important things to consider when choosing what tyre is best suited to your vehicle. Are you going to be doing a lot of motorway driving, off- / dirt track driving or perhaps ice/snow conditions.
You can get advice on which tyre is best for you from your local dealer or tyre fitting business, but sometimes they may not be offering the best make for your requirements. Budget will of course come into it – and tyres are like many things in life – you get what you pay for! and it’s often wise to spend money to save money. Some of the more expensive tyre makes will last a great deal longer that cheaper tyres working out more economical in the long run.

The tyres you buy should need to your vehicle’s performance as well as compatibility.

Get to know the new tyres labelling that is now compulsory on all tyres under a recent EU ruling. Tyre manufacturers now have to display performance grades on fuel efficiency, wet braking and external noise levels so that the can compare different makes. But trying to interpret the string of numbers and symbols on the side wall of a tyre can present a confusing challenge for the average motorist.

The key information that you need is:

• tyre size and dimension
  • maximum load bearing ability
  • the maximum speed that you should run the tyre at
  • winter markings – (if a tyre is specifically designed to operate in snow and mud).

There are useful guides to the of symbols on most manufacturer’s websites.

Here in the Romania we get our fair share of rain so it’s a good idea to research wet weather tyre performance. Look at tyre tread patterns and grooves, and research what the manufacturers say about the ability of the tyre to operate safely in very wet conditions.

Tying not to aquaplane when driving in extreme weather is virtually impossible, but many tyres now have “anti-surf” tread design which do a more effective job in sluicing away the water than others.

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I’m living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *