5 things to consider about car tyres

There may be more than 5 things you can consider about your car tyres but today we will be mentioning the top five talked about topics and give you our advice along with some key references to consider.

Type of car

It doesn’t matter whether you own a car out right or drive lease cars on business or personal finance, you will at one point want to consider the tyres within the package before making that final call. If you are opting for a performance vehicle or a powerful engine then upgrading your tyres to something more suitable is definitely one of the options to consider.

: Always look for the spare tyre and ensure you have one before getting a car. In most cases you would probably find a space saver that would temporarily do the job if you ever come to need it but if you have full size replacement wheel fitted with a road legal tyre then you’re in a for a treat.

Driving style

The tyres you want should suit the way you drive. For instance if you drive a performance car and like to take the speed to the limits wherever you are your tyres may wear out quicker than you expect. In which case you may want to choose high performance low profile tyres to better suit your driving style.

If you drive a luxury saloon and enjoy taking it easy in cruise mode than you may enjoy a smoother ride feeling less of the road in which case higher profile tyres with more rubber would probably satisfy you better.

Weather conditions

weather-tyre-comparison (1)

This one is important and could take you off the path if your tyres are not suited to the road conditions. You can be over the legal limit but still pose a danger to yourself and others so make sure your tyres are safe before you travel.

It is recommended that you either use all weather tyres or if you want the optimum performance from your driving then you could choose to change your tyres as per season requirements. High tread profiles for the and winter months and Low profile slicks for the hot summers.

TIP: Some countries or areas could surprisingly change in weather unexpectedly. Using all weather tyres may be a safer bet.

Budget

Buying cheap budget tyres doesn’t always end up being cost effective in the long run. The quality of the rubber, manufacturing quality and design of the tyre play a big part on longevity and reliability. Choosing brands like Michelin could take you a longer distance and may even have a better resistance to minor punctures. But you must consider the unexpected and unfortunate tyre puncture and cost of replacement before forking out on premium tyres.

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I’m living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *