BMW M760Li xDRIVE V12

The recently launched 7 Series now has a prestigious flagship at the head of the range: the new M760Li xDrive V12 marks the debut of a very special V12 engine to provide stunning performance with exemplary refinement.
With TwinPower Turbo technology incorporated for the first time, this new M Performance engine produces 600hp and 800Nm of torque. It’s harnessed by a highly sophisticated chassis specifically tailored to the model, and deployed to the road via BMW’s xDrive all-wheel-drive system with a rear-bias for more dynamic handling.
The new model is instantly recognisable thanks to the M Performance body enhancements, specific trim details and unique 20-inch alloy wheels. An active quad exit exhaust system ensures that, when desired, the presence of the new M760Li xDrive V12 can be heard as well as seen.
Inside, the M760Li xDrive V12 retains the luxurious ambience of the new BMW 7 Series, but adds sporting elements such as the M Performance steering wheel and illuminated V12 logo and exclusive M pedals. Naturally, the specification of the car is extremely high, with a long list of comfort, convenience, safety and dynamic driving features.

ModelPower
Hp
Torque
Nm
0 – 62mph
Seconds
Top Speed
Mph
Combined
Mpg
CO2
Emissions g/km
M760Li xDrive V126008003.9155*22.4294

Powertrain: The allure of a V12
The 12-cylinder engine layout traditionally enjoys an exclusive status above all others, and in the new M760Li xDrive V12 provides a superb blend of performance and refinement. The 6,592cc M Performance TwinPower Turbo 12-cylinder engine develops an output of 600hp at 5,500rpm and generates its peak torque of 800Nm from as low down as 1,500rpm.This enables the car to accelerate from zero to 62mph in just 3.9 seconds and on to a governed top speed of 155mph. It now also links up with the Start-Stop function, which is just one measure that contributes to an impressive official combined fuel consumption figure of 22.4mpg and CO2 emissions of 294g/km.
For the construction of the all-aluminium block, BMW engineers focused on maximising rigidity while also minimising weight. Using a closed-deck structure, combined with bolts holding the cylinder head down on the floor plate of the crankcase, has ensured the stability of the cylinder liners. Double bolts on the main bearings, with an additional connection to the side panels through threaded support bushes and bolts, reduce the influence of lateral forces from the crankdrive on the crankcase. Further components that serve to reduce vibrations and noise to an absolute minimum are iron-coated aluminium pistons; forged connecting rods assembled using the cracking process, and likewise, a forged crankshaft.

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I'm living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *