Spyker C8 Preliator – Dutch supercar to make Geneva debut

– the Dutch firm best known for its ornate sports cars and a brief spell in 1 – will debut its latest car at the motor show on March 1.Little can be seen of the Spyker C8 Preliator in the company’s one and only teaser image, which shows the shadowy form of the car’s frontal aspect.It should feature familiar Spyker clues however, with slim, elongated headlight units and a large front grille bisected with a central element, just like that of the B6 Venator shown at the show back in 2013.

With the C8 moniker, it’s likely to be a replacement for the C8 , itself a replacement for the C8 Laviolette that kicked off the Spyker brand’s resurrection in 1999.The C8 uses a 4.2-litre, naturally-aspirated V8 engine sourced from Audi, developing 400bhp and 354lb ft of torque through a six-speed automatic transmission. Top speed is quoted as 187mph, with a 4.5-second 0-62mph time.

If the Preliator is to replace the Aileron, expect improvements on these numbers – though while the C8 name suggests a V8 powerplant will once again take pride of place, the concept may well be electric.

Spyker revealed last July that it would be merging with electric vehicle manufacturer Volta Volare. Following the company’s exit from moratorium after voluntary financial restructuring, Victor Muller suggested the company was ‘set to build sensationally elegant and classy (electric) motorcars and electric planes for decades to come.’

Read more at: http://www.evo.co.uk

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I'm living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *