Subaru XV concept previews next-gen model in Geneva

Subaru XV has released a gloomy teaser image of its latest concept, set to appear at the motor show in March. Little can be determined from the picture, but Subaru has confirmed it’s a new XV concept, and should determine the direction of the XV road car – a crossover based on the platform. While the roadgoing XV features only a handful of visual changes from the five-door , mainly aimed at beefing up the rather anonymous body, the concept adopts several cues seen on recent Subaru concept cars, from slim, C-shaped headlight surrounds, to heavily-stylised alloy wheels and in this instance, a tough-looking front scuff plate and chunky wheel arches.

While the Geneva concept will preview the look of the next-generation XV, Subaru has lightly revised the XV road car for the 2016 model year. Those not intimately familiar with the existing model will struggle to see the differences, but externally Subaru has updated the car’s ‘hawk-eye’ headlights, and applied a redesigned front grille and bumper. There’s also a boot spoiler at the rear and LED tail lamps, while a new alloy wheel design and two new paint shades – Hyper Blue and Dark Blue – keep the styling relatively fresh.

The enjoys greater changes, with improvements in quality and finish, and a new 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system. There’s a new look to the instrument cluster too, and a new rear-view camera with a wider field of view. Thrilling stuff it ain’t, but it should make the XV slightly more pleasant to live with. too, thanks to engine revisions to the 2-litre petrol and diesel flat-four powerplants.

Pricing for the range starts at £21,995, which gets you a petrol in SE trim, while £23,495 nets a CVT model. Premium trim is £2000 extra, as are the diesel SE models.

Read more at: http://www.evo.co.uk

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I'm living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *