Volkswagen Scirocco GTS

Volkswagen has introduced the GTS and three other new editions to bolster its 2016 lineup.

The GTS develops 217bhp from its 2-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged powerplant, and puts 258lb ft of torque (at 1500rpm) to the front wheels.

A six-speed manual or DSG transmission handles drive, each enabling a 0-62mph time of 6.5sec. Top speed is 153mph for the manual and 152mph for the DSG.

The shape Scirocco was introduced in 2008, but you’d be hard-pressed to identify it as an eight-year-old design – as in Scirocco R form, the GTS is sharply-styled.

It uses R-Line styling (there’s a deeper front bumper and side skirts, and a spoiler atop the rear screen), with GTS badging on the front grille and on the tailgate.

Door mirror casings are gloss and the rear glass features a 65 per cent tint. This contrasts with the Urano Grey paintwork, while Red, Pure White, Oryx White (a metallic shade), Indium Grey (also metallic) and Deep Black pearl. A central stripe down the car is coordinated with the body colour.

The interior is also based on R-Line . To that end, you get a set of seats (in leather, with a GTS logo and red stitching), metal-finished pedals and a trio of gauges on the top of the dashboard.

To that the GTS adds a golf ball effect gearknob with GTS branding, GTS-striped seatbelts and chrome door sill protectors that – you may be surprised to learn – also feature the GTS logo.

Read more at: evo.co.uk

Post Author: Lisandru

Hello, my name is Alex aka Lisandru. I am an engineer, husband, blogger in free time and I'm living in Romania. This is my blog, where I post about beautiful places, automotive, games and movies reviews, videos and also about some things from my life. Never miss out on new stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *